1. What is Macro Synthetic Fiber?
The raw material of Macro Fiber is polypropylene. Its function is the same as steel fiber, although it has a more stable chemical property. Concrete macro fiber is more likely to be used in coastal arae to defense projects and docks.
2. What are the benefits of Macro Fiber?
1. Mechanical bond with the concrete.
2. Improves the post-crack strength. (know more reasons why your concrete cracks.)
3. provides multi-dimentional reinforcement.
3. How many categories are there for synthetic fibers?
According to European EN14489 and American ASTMC 116, concrete fibers can be roughly divided into three categories:
● Steel fiber. It has high strength, can effectively control the cracking of concrete and increase the residual strength after cracking.
● Glass fiber and basalt fiber. They have excellent mechanical properties. They can improve the toughness of concrete. But glass fiber is fragile and has poor alkali resistance. Basalt fiber has poor quality stability due to different minerals.
● Synthetic fibers. According to the diameter, it can be divided into mono-filament fiber, fiber mesh, and macro fiber. Mono-filament fiber and fiber mesh can control the cracks of concrete at the early stage. Macro fiber controls the cracks for a long time and also increases the residual strength of concrete after cracking.
4. What is the difference between macro fiber and steel fiber?
Steel fiber is a cold-drawn steel wire. Macro Synthetic Fiber is a kind of PP polypropylene synthetic fiber. Macro Synthetic Fiber can resistant to acid and alkali corrosion, especially suitable for water conservancy and ocean engineering. For long-term durability, macro fibers are a better choice. Also, the weight of steel fiber is 8 times than that of imitation steel in the same volume, the cost is higher.
5. What should I do if there are problems with the products?
Please kindly contact our salesman, we will give you feedback within 1 working day.
6. What is the minimum order quantity?
As much as you want, there is no limitations. But we suggest 1MT otherwise shipping by sea from air freight costs too much.
7. How long the delivery time will be?
Within one week if the product is available in stock, otherwise it will be about two weeks.
8. How to add macro synthetic fiber into the concrete?
Fiber addition in concrete needs a strict addition process. Under normal circumstances, the mixing time after adding fiber and concrete should be increased from 10 to 20 seconds. The addition-adding link also requires special order. Gravel or sand should be the first addition to put, then the fiber, and then the stone or sand. In this way, we prevent the addition of fibers is added to the surface directly. After 10-20 seconds, you can carry on the wet mix.
9. How can macro polypropylene fibers compete with steel fibers?
Macro polypropylene fibers are the only synthetic fiber that can provide equivalent residual strength capacity to steel fibers. Some steel fiber manufacturers are claiming that steel fibers are far superior to polypropylene fibers and that polypropylene fibers cannot be used to replace steel fibers. They are partially correct in that they are making a comparison to micro-polypropylene fibers only and not to macro-synthetics.
10. How much slump loss can I expect with the use of Fiberego polypropylene fiber?
The slump loss can be expected for almost any type of fiber on the market. The use of water affects the compressive strength and may cause segregation of the concrete mixture. Slump loss should be offset by the use of plasticizers, such as medium and high-grade water reducers.
All types of fibers are like aggregates in concrete mixtures, requiring paste on individual strands. The greater the surface area to be covered, the higher the paste requirement in the mixture. The more paste that covers the fibers, the less the mixture acts as a lubricant, and the slump decreases. Within certain limit, the higher the fiber content in the concrete mixture, the greater the potential loss of concrete slump.
For more detail please contact your local Fiberego representative.
11. How to mix concrete fibers?
First, add the fibers at the middle of the materials, then mix for 10-20 seconds, last, add water, mix again.
12. I need another way of packaging.
We approve customized packaging. Please contact us according to your requirements.
13. I need technical support.
Please send us emails attaching your requirements, our experienced technician will deal with them and give you feedback within 3 working days.
14. Will macro synthetic fiber “ball up” or clump together when mixing?
When concrete and fiber types do not correspond, they may ball up. The mortar can only fit fibers of 6-12 mm in length. The quality of the project itself may be another reason. If there were not electrostatic treatment, the fiber with static electricity will hinder the dispersion process. Adding a small amount of water may prevent static electricity and reduce clumping.
15. Will concrete hard to place and finish when using macro synthetic fiber or steel fibers?
Not with Fibergo’s products. The prerequisite is to ensure the design of the concrete mixture has good properties before adding fibers. This way you will not encounter unusual difficulties during pouring and finishing.
16. Are all macro-polypropylene fibers the same?
No. There are several different types of macrofibers on the market, and they all have their advantages. Fiberego can support our quality with the test paper. If the problem still persists, you will be assured with a further experiment so that the required performance is tested. Macrofibers may require less dose than microfibers or fibers with lower bonding capabilities. The dose determines whether you can successfully replace steel fibers with macro fibers.
17. Do you have users in my country?
Fiberego has clients in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Australia. Without clients’ permission, we don’t share their information. Also, we will keep your information confidential.
18. Can I get free samples?
Yes, we often provide free samples within 1 kg, please contact us directly.
19. Can I use high dosage microfibers in replacement of low dosage macrofibers?
Possibly. The main function of micro-polypropylene fibers is to control plastic shrinkage cracks. Studies have shown that these fibers have no significant load-bearing ability to pass through cracks. Although the test data may support the use of microfiber, it may not be the best choice.
High-dose micro fiber will be more difficult to mix because the fiber count and surface area of the fibers will be very high, resulting in a significant loss in slump. For more detail please contact us.
20. Can macro synthetic fiber replace steel fiber?
●Yes. Polypropylene macro synthetic fiber combines the advantages of both steel fiber and synthetic pp mono-filament fiber, at the same time it modifies the side effects of steel fiber itself such as easy to rust, wear tires, etc. Compared with steel fiber, it has the characteristics like corrosion resistance, easy dispersion, easy construction, and conduct no damage to the concrete mixer.
●Our product uses synthetic resin as raw material, processed by special technology and surface treatment. It has such advantages as high breaking strength, good dispersion in concrete, and strong grip. It can be used in cement concrete instead of steel fiber.
●Fiberego’s macrofiber overcomes the characteristics of low tensile strength, low ultimate elongation, and high brittleness of concrete. It has tensile, shear, crack, fatigue, and high toughness properties. It has been used in construction, road and bridge, water conservancy engineering, and other engineering fields.
21. Can macro synthetic fiber be pumped?
●Not recommended. Pumping fiber concrete is easy to agglomerate and causes the pump to block. When finished, it is easy to bleed and segregate.
●It is urgent to conduct in-depth research on the pumpability and workability of pumped concrete and develop pumped concrete that meets pumping requirements and has better performance than ordinary concrete.
22. Can I customize your fibers of different sizes or shapes?
Yes, we provide customized services. Please contact us with your needs.
23. Please tell me more about your agent in my country.
As our China Branch have just been founded for 2 years, we do not have an agent now, we are on our way tackling the issue.